FARIHY, a parish, in the barony of FERMOY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 6 miles (W.) from Mitchelstown, on the road to Doneraile ; containing 2085 inhabitants. It comprises 4770 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £3475 per annum. The land is of medium quality and chiefly under tillage ; and the state of agriculture is gradually improving. There is a considerable portion of mountain pasture in the north of the parish, where it borders on the county of Limerick, from which it is separated by part of the range called the Galtees. Two small oatmeal-mills are worked by streams from these mountains, at the foot of which is situated Bowenscourt, the seat of H. C. Bowen, Esq. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Cloyne, forming the corps of the deanery of Cloyne, in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes amount to £4 10, The glebe-house was erected by aid of a gift of £100 and a loan of £900, in 1819, from the late Board of First Fruits, and has a glebe attached of about 25 statute acres. The church, a plain building with a tower surmounted by a small wooden spire, is now undergoing a thorough repair, for which purpose the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently made a grant of £317. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Kildorrery. About 12 children are instructed in a Sunday school, under the superintendence of the Protestant clergyman.