AUGHANUNCHON, or AGHANINSHON, a parish, in the barony of KILMACRENAN, county of DONEGAL, and province of ULSTER, 1? mile (N. E.) from Letterkenny; containing 1848 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on Lough Swilly, and on the road from Letterkenny to Ramelton, comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 4011? statute acres, including 184? acres of tideway. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Raphoe, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to #147. The church is in a very dilapidated state. The glebe-house, a comfortable residence, was built in 1782, by aid of a gift of #100 from the late Board of First Fruits; the glebe comprises 300 acres. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Aughnish. The parochial school is supported by an endowment from Col. Robertson's fund, aided by the rector; and there are two other schools.