DINGINDONOVAN, or DANGAN, a parish, in the barony of IMOKILLY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (N. N. W.) from Castle-Martyr ; containing 1120 inhabitants. This parish, which by the country people is called Danion, comprises 5449 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. By draining, irrigating, and the introduction of modern farming implements, the state of agriculture has been greatly improved. A large supply of turf is procured from the mountain land, which constitutes about one-fourth of the parish. Fairs are held on Feb. 2nd, April 1st, and Aug. 5th, for the sale of cattle, sheep, pigs, pedlery, and agricultural and other implements. On the banks of a pretty glen is Ballyre, the residence of Crofton Uniacke, Esq. ; and not far distant is Glengarra, of J. Uniacke, Esq. ; these seats are surrounded by flourishing plantations, and are undergoing great improvements. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cloyne, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £155. There is neither church, glebe-house, nor glebe ; the Protestant inhabitants attend divine service at Castlemartyr. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Killeagh, but there is no chapel here. There are two pay schools, in which are about 40 boys and 20 girls. The ruins of the old church form an interesting object ; and near Glengarra are some remains of a castle, built by one of the Geraldines, in 1396 ; it was garrisoned by the Earl of Desmond against Queen Elizabeth, but was taken by Capt. Raleigh, and shortly afterwards was retaken by the Irish under Mccarty, who, being obliged to abandon it, destroyed it by fire. It gave name to the whole district, called Old Castletown though now known as Glengarra.