RATHBOYNE, a parish, partly in the barony of LOWER NAVAN, but chiefly in that of UPPER KELLS, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2- miles (S. by E.) from Kells, on the road to Kilcock, and from Longford to Drogheda ; containing 1271 inhabitants. It comprises 3920- statute acres, nearly equally under grass and tillage ; there is plenty of limestone. Ballybeg is the seat of T. O'Reilly, Esq. ; and Charlesfort, of C. A. Tisdall, Esq. Mr. O'Reilly has a nursery of 100 statute acres, affording employment to about 80 persons. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Kells : the tithes amount to £276. 18. 5-. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Ardbraccan ; the chapel at Cortown is a handsome modern building, with a school contiguous. At Charlesfort is a school, the master of which is allowed £15 per ann., with a house and garden, and two tons of coal yearly, by C. A. Tisdall, Esq. ; in these schools about 1 10 children are taught.