All Lewis entries for Ward



Ward

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Dublin

WARD (THE)

WARD (THE), a chapelry, in the parish of FINGLAS, barony of CASTLEKNOCK, county of DUBLIN, and province of LEINSTER, 6 miles (N.) from Dublin, on the mail road to Ashbourne ; containing 251 inhabitants. Here is a station of the constabulary police, and petty sessions are held on alternate Mondays ; there are quarries of good stone. It is a chapelry, in the diocese of Dublin, forming part of the union of Finglas and corps of the chancellorship of St. Patrick's cathedral, Dublin : the tithes are included with those of Finglas. In the R. C. divisions also it is part of the district of Finglas. The church is in ruins.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021