All entries for Grangegorman



Grangegorman

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Dublin

PHIBSBOROUGH

PHIBSBOROUGH, a village, in the new parish of GRANGEGORMAN, barony of COOLOCK, county of DUBLIN, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (N.) from Dublin, on the road to Navan, and near the Royal canal ; the population is returned with the city of Dublin. Here is a neat R. C. chapel belonging to the district of St. Paul, with a residence for the chaplain annexed ; also a lending library, and a male and female national school, in which about 200 children are educated.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2019