KILLATHY, or KILLATTY, a parish, in the barony of CONDONS and CLONGIBBONS, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (W. by N.) from Fermoy, on the road from that place to Mallow, and on the river Blackwater ; containing 1402 inhabitants. It comprises 3153 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, of which the land to the north of the river is of good quality and chiefly in tillage, but to the south it consists chiefly of mountain pasture. Limestone is found on the northern and brownstone on the southern side of the river, and on the latter side there are indications of iron, which is supposed to have been formerly worked. Gurteen, the residence of Luke Campion, Esq., is situated on the south bank of the Blackwater, the scenery of which is here extremely interesting. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Cloyne, forming part of the union of Ballyhooly and corps of the prebend of Aghultie in the cathedral of Cloyne ; the rectory is appropriate to the vi cars choral of Christ Church, Dublin. The tithes amount to £300, which is equally divided between the vicars choral and the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Castletown-Roche. There is a private school of about 50 children. Several ancient raths, or forts, exist in the parish.