All Lewis entries for Killaspugmullane



Killaspugmullane

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Cork

KILLASPIGMULLANE

KILLASPIGMULLANE, or KILMULLANE, but generally known as BALLYVINNY, a parish, in the barony of BARRYMORE, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (S.) from Rathcormac, on the road from Cork to Dublin ; containing 600 inhabitants. It comprises 2961 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £1267 per annum. There is no wasteland, and the soil, though shallow, is fertile. The principal seats are Trantstown, the residence of Mrs. Pepper, and Ballingohig, of T. Cleary, Esq. It is a prebend in St. Finbarr's cathedral, Cork, united from time immemorial to the rectories of Kilquane, Cannaway, Templeusque, and Ballydelohar, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £369. 4. 7-., and of the entire union, to £1227. 14. 7. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Ardnageehy, or Watergrass Hill.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021