KILGULLANE, or KILCOHILAN, a parish, in the barony of CONDONS and CLONGIBBONS, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 2- miles (S. S. W.) from Mitchelstown, near the road to Glanworth; containing 1174 inhabitants. This parish comprises 3437 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £3073 per annum: the land, which is in general good, is chiefly under tillage, and the state of agriculture is gradually improving. It is in the diocese of Cloyne: the rectory is partly impropriate in the Earl of Donoughmore; the remainder, with the vicarage, forming part of the union of Glanworth. The tithes amount to £228. 16. 6-., of which £7. 8. 0. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it also forms part of the union or district of Glanworth. The parochial school, in which are about 40 children, is chiefly maintained by the incumbent, who allows the master the use of the glebe land, containing six plantation acres, rent free. The school-house, a neat building, was erected at an expense of £60, of which £50 was granted from the Lord-Lieutenant's school fund, and the remainder was defrayed by the incumbent. Some remains of the old church still exist.