MULLINACUFF, a parish, in the half-barony of SHILLELAGH, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 2? miles (W. S. W.) from Tinahely, on the road to Tullow ; containing 2144 inhabitants, This pa-rish comprises 6714 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act : there is a large extent of bog ; agriculture is improving. Ballyrahine House is the residence of Mrs. Chamney ; it was attacked in 1798, and a battle fought between the insurgents and the Coolattin corps of yeomanry-infantry, the latter commanded by Capt. J. Chamney, assisted by his nephew, an officer in that corps, on which occasion both these gentlemen were killed. Fort Town is the residence of F. H. Morton, Esq., whence, as well as from Ballyrahine, very fine mountain views of the surrounding country are obtained. It is a rectory and impropriate cure, in the diocese of Leighlin ; the rectory is appropriate to the Dean and Chapter of Leighlin, and the impropriate cure forms part of the union of Aghold. The tithes amount to #310. 6. 3?., two-thirds of which are payable to the dean and chapter, and the remainder to the perpetual curate. The church is in ruins, In the R. C. divisions it is within the union or district of Clonmore. About 240 children are educated in three public schools, of which the parochial school is aided by the curate ; one by the parish priest ; the other is under the National Board ; and in a private school are about 40 children. There are several raths in the parish.