All Lewis entries for Kilnenor



Kilnenor

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Wexford

KILLINOR

KILLINOR, or KILNENER, a parish, in the barony of GOREY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 4- miles (S. W.) from Arklow, on the old road from that place to Gorey ; containing 1326 inhabitants. It comprises 5307 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and is chiefly in tillage. A cattle fair is held on Sept. 8th. It is an impropriate curacy, in the diocese of Ferns, united by episcopal authority to Kilpipe: the rectory is impropriate in Sir Richard Steele, Bart: the tithes amount to £124. 12. 3-., of which £69. 4. 7-. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the curate. Here is a glebe-house, with a glebe of 17a. 3r. 2Op. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Gorey, and has a chapel at Ballyfad.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021