All entries for Kilgarvan



Kilgarvan

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Wexford

KILGARVEN

KILGARVEN, a parish, in the barony of SHELMALIER, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 2? miles (N. W.) from Taghmon, on the road to Adamstown and New Ross; containing 898 inhabitants, and comprising 5369 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, and forms part of the union of Horetown; the tithes amount to #156. 8. 8. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Taghmon: there is a small thatched chapel at Caroreigh, which it is in contemplation to rebuild. Some remains of the old church yet exist.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2019