PORTLEMON, or PORTLOMON, a parish, in the barony of CORKAREE, county of WESTMEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4? miles (N. W.) from Mullingar, on the road to Ballymahon ; containing 417 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the western shore of Lough Hoyhe, and comprises 1943 statute acres of good land, chiefly under tillage ; there is also some bog. Within its limits is Frum hill, on the summit of which is a rath: near its base, on the shore of the lake, is Portlemon, the seat of Lord De Blaquiere ; the mansion is situated in a finely wooded demesne. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, united by episcopal authority, in 1823, to the rectory of Portshangan, and in the patronage of the Bishop ; the tithes amount to #85 ; and the gross value of the union, tithes and glebe inclusive, is #193. 1. 1?. The church, glebe-house, and glebe of the union are in Portshangan, and are noticed in the article on that parish, In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Mullingar. There is a school aided by an annual donation of #25 from Mr. and Mrs. Gibbons, and one also by a donation from Lord Forbes, in which 35 boys and 23 girls are taught. Besides the rath on Frum hill, there are several others within the parish.