KILNAMARTHY, or KILNAMARTIN, a parish, in the barony of WEST MUSKERRY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (S. W.) from Macroom ; containing 2604 inhabitants. It comprises 11,021 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at #4262 per annum, lying between the rivers Toome and Sullane. Agriculture is backward, and the land is generally cold and unproductive ; not more than one-third is in cultivation, the remainder being rough rocky pasture, bog, and marsh. Good building stone and inferior slate are raised in several places, and there are indications of copper ore. The principal seats are Raleagh, the residence of W. Minhear, Esq. ; Cahirdahy, of H. Ashe, Esq. ; and the Glebe-house, of the Rev. J. C. Mongan. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Cloyne, and in the patronage of the Bishop. The tithes amount to #420. There is a large and handsome glebe-house, for the erection of which the late Board of First Fruits, in 1814, gave #100 and lent #900: the glebe comprises 29a. Or. 26p. The church is a large handsome edifice with a square tower: it was built in 1808 by a gift of #600 from the same Board, and the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have lately granted #235 for its repair. ln the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, also called Theronadromman, comprising the parishes of Kilnamartry and Ballyvourney, and part of Clondrohid, and containing a chapel at Caradagher, and one in Ballyvourney ; the former is a large plain substantial building. The parochial school is supported by the rector, and there is one connected with the R. C. chapel, in which together about 50 children are educated ; and about 120 are taught in three private schools. The castle of Kilredagh stands on a lofty hill and commands the passes of both the rivers which bound this parish. It was very strongly built, and remained tolerably entire till l833, when a considerable part fell.