WHITECHURCH, a parish, in the barony of IFFA and OFFA WEST, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (S. W.) from Cahir, on the road to Clonmel ; containing 1218 inhabitants. This parish is situated upon a branch of the river Suir, and comprises 1378 acres, the greater part of which is arable and pasture land. A woollen manufactory was carried on here some years since, but from want of proper encouragement was given up. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, and forms part of the union of Tubrid. In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, called, from the village, Ballylooby, and comprising the parishes of Whitechurch, Tubrid, and Tullaghorton, in which union are two chapels ; that in Whitechurch is a modern building. There are two private schools, in which about 150 children are instructed.