TEMPLEOUTRAGH, or UPPER CHURCH, a parish, in the barony of KILNEMANAGH, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 5 miles (S. E.) from Burris-o'-leagh, on the road from Newport to Thurles ; containing 2635 inhabitants, and comprising 1285 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is in the diocese of Cashel ; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde, and the vicarage is appropriate to the Archbishop's mensal : the tithes amount to £202. 10. In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, called Upperchurch, comprising this parish and that of Moyaliffe, in each of which is a chapel : that of Templeoutragh is a large building. There are five private schools, in which are about 300 children. Some remains of the old church exist.