LATTERAGH, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ORMOND, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 3- miles (N. by W.) from Burris-o'-leagh, on the new line of road from Nenagh to Clonmel ; containing 995 inhabitants. This place was celebrated at a very early period for its monastery, the foundation of which is uncertain. It became an extensive seat of learning, and St. Odran of Leatrach-odhrain, who died in 548, presided over this establishment, in which were at that time not less than 3000 monks. In 1304, the neighbourhood was laid waste by Tirlogh, son of Teig-Cao luiske, King of Thomond, who spared only the churches and the dwellings of the clergy. From this period no further notice of the monastery occurs, neither are there any remains of the ancient buildings. The parish comprises 4050 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Killaloe, united at a period unknown to the rectory and vicarage of Innisdadrom, together constituting the corps of the precentorship in the cathedral of Killaloe, in the patronage of the Bishop. The tithes amount to £138. 9. 2-. There are two private schools, in which are about 120 children.