All entries for Killoskehan



Killoskehan

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Tipperary

KILLOSKEHANE

KILLOSKEHANE, or KILLSKELAN, a parish, in the barony of ELIOGARTY, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 3? miles (W. S. W.) from Tem-plemore, on the road from Burris-o-leigh to Dunkerrin ; containing 601 inhabitants. It comprises 2267 statute acres, as applotted under, the tithe act, and consisting chiefly of very fine pasturage ; there is plenty of good limestone. Killoskehane Castle, the seat of J. Willington, Esq., is situated in a well-planted demesne, and includes part of the ancient castle in the modern mansion. The parish is in the diocese of Cashel, and is a rectory and vicarage, forming part of the union of Kilfithmone: the tithes amount to #110. About 40 children are educated in a private school.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2020