KILLEA, a parish, in the barony of IKERRIN, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 2 miles (N. W. by N.) from Templemore, on the road to Dunkerrin ; containing 1491 inhabitants. This parish comprises 3809 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and is principally in pasture ; it contains limestone and granite. Here is a constabulary police station. Park is the seat of J. Butler, Esq. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Templemore: the tithes amount to #221. 10. 9?., and the glebe comprises 8? acres. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Templemore, and has a chapel at Killea. About 110 children are educated in a public school. Here are some remains of the old church, to which a burial-ground is attached.