All Lewis entries for Killavinoge



Killavinoge

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Tipperary

KILLAVENOGH

KILLAVENOGH, or CLONMORE, a parish, in the barony of IKERRIN, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (N. E.) from Templemore, on the road from that place to Rathdowney ; containing 3000 inhabitants. It comprises 5946 statute acres, including a considerable quantity of bog ; and contains Dromard, the residence of F. Lidwill, Esq. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Templemore. The tithes amount to £369. 4. 7-., and there is a glebe of 36 acres. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Templemore, and contains a chapel. About 130 children are educated in two private schools.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2020