KILGRANT, or POWERSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of IFFA and OFFA EAST, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, l? mile (E. N. E.) from Clonmel, on the high road from that place to Waterford, and the mail coach road from Cork to Dublin; containing 1186 inhabitants. It comprises 1749 acres, and is watered by the rivers Anner and Suir, over the latter of which is a stone bridge built at the expense of the late Sir Thomas Osborne, Bart.; and near the junction of the rivers are the extensive flour-mills and residence of Barclay Clibborn, Esq. The other seats are Annerville, the residence of - Riall, Esq.; Wilder-ness, of - Green, Esq.;and Redmonstone House, of - Quinn, Esq. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, forming part of the union of Kilcash, or Killaloon; the rectory is impropriate in John Bagwell, Esq., and the tithes amount to #193. 16. 10., of which #129. 4. 6. is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, comprising this parish and those of Donoughmore, Lisronagh, and Kilcash, and has one chapel at Gammonsfield and another in Kilcash.