KILFITHMONE, or FITHMONE, a parish, in the barony of ELIOGARTY, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (S. W.) from Templemore, on the road from Cashel to Burris-o-leigh; containing 673 inhabitants. It comprises 1388 statute acres, of which about three-quarters are arable and one quarter pasture land; there is a bog of about 50 acres, and plenty of limestone. Fithmoyne is the seat of R. Minchen Carden, Esq.; and Balhinlonty, of M. Fogarty, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, united by act of council, in 1789, to the rectories and vicarages of Barnane and Killoskehan, and in the patronage of the Archbishop: the tithes amount to £100, and of the union to £315. The church was rebuilt in 1821, for which the late Board of First Fruits granted a loan of £500. The same Board, in 1794, gave £100 towards the erection of the glebe-house: the glebe comprises 19 acres. About 60 children are educated in a public school.