All Lewis entries for Kilclonagh



Kilclonagh

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Tipperary

KILCLONAGH

KILCLONAGH, a parish, in the barony of ELIOGARTY, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (S. S. E.) from Templemore ; containing 195 inhabitants. This parish comprises only 683 acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £479 per ann. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, and forms part of the union of Moyne: the tithes amount to £65. In the R. C. divisions also it is part of the union or district of Moyne. About 90 children are educated in a private school.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2020