DOVEA, a parish, in the barony of ELIOGARTY, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (S. S. W.) from Templemore ; the population is returned with the parish of Inch, of which, for all civil purposes, this is regarded as forming a part. A constabulary police force has been stationed here. It is in the diocese of Cashel ; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde, in trust for charitable uses at Kilkenny ; and the vicarage forms part of the union of Clogher and corps of the chancellorship of Cashel.
INCH, or INCHYANLY, also called INCHYFOGARTY, a parish, in the barony of ELIOGARTY, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 3- miles (S. E.) from Burris-o'-leagh, on the road from Nenagh to Cashel; containing 1928 inhabitants. It comprises 4432 statute acres, exclusively of bog and waste, and is mostly under tillage. The principal seats are Inch House, that of G. Ryan, Esq., and Dovea Lodge, of J. Trant, Esq., both handsome residences situated in fine demesnes. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Clogher; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde, in trust for the Ormonde poor-house at Kilkenny: the tithes amount to £300 of which £140 is payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Drom and Inch, and contains a neat chapel, built in 1806. About 250 children are educated in three private schools. There are some remains of the old church.