FINNOE, a parish, in the barony of LOWER ORMOND, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 1- mile (w. 8. w.) from Burris-o-Kane, on one of the roads from Nenagh to Portumna ; containing 1399 inhabitants, and comprising 4003 statute acres, of which about 800 are bog ; the remainder being mostly pasture land. A lake, covering about 60 acres was drained about 10 years since ; the land is reclaimed, and very productive, and the state of agriculture generally is much improved. Large quantities of shell marl are found at Springfield ; and there is plenty of limestone for the purposes of agriculture, and for building. A small river, called Ballyfinboy, separates this parish from Burris-o-Kane, and empties itself into the Shannon at Castle-Biggs, The principal seats are Finnoe House, the residence of T. Waller, Esq. ; Ormond Cottage, of S. Waller, Esq. ; Rodeen, of J. Falkiner, Esq. ; Bell Park, of T. Robinson, Esq. ; the glebe-house, of the Rev. Pierce Goold ; and Bellgrove, the property of -Lennard, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, episcopally united in 1790 to the rectory and vicarage of Cloghprior, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £217. The glebe-house, situated on a glebe of 4a. 3r. 26p., half a mile from the church, was built by aid of a gift of £400, and a loan of £400, in 1819, from the late Board of First Fruits ; there is also a glebe of 28 acres, for which the incumbent pays £17 per annum. The church is a neat edifice, repaired and improved by aid of a loan of £323, in 1822, from the same Board. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Kilbarron ; there is a chapel on the townland of Firgrove, which is on the boundary of Finnoe and Kilbarron. About 70 children are taught in a private school. Ballyfinboy castle is a square tower in good preservation. Many large elk horns have been found at Springfield bog ; and on that towinland there is a strong chalybeate spa, only partially used.