All Lewis entries for Erry



Erry

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Tipperary

ERRY

ERRY, a parish, in the barony of MIDDLETHIRD, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 3- miles (N. by E.) from Cashel, on the mail coach road from Dublin to Cork ; containing 772 inhabitants. It comprises 1605 statute acres, and is a rectory, in the diocese of Cashel ; the tithes, amounting to £77. 1. 1., are sequestrated in the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, who pay a stipend to the curate of an adjoining parish for performing the occasional duties. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Boherlahan. There is a private school, in which are about 50 children.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2020