DROMINEER, a parish, in the barony of LOWER ORMOND, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 5 miles (N. W.) from Nenagh, containing 561 inhabitants. This parish, which is bounded on the east by Lough Derg, comprises 1672 statute acres of arable and pasture land. The principal seats are Annabeg, the residence of J. R. Minnitt, Esq. ; Shannon Vale, of J. Odell, Esq. ; and Hazle Point, of Lient. P. Bayly, R. N. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Killaloe, and one of the parishes that constitute the union of Ballynaclough : the tithes amount to £110, In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Monsea. A school, endowed by the Countess of Farnham with £30 per ann., and an acre and a half of land, affords instruction to about 40 children ; and about 80 more are taught in a private school. One of the principal stations of the Inland Navigation Company on the Shannon has been established near the castle of Dromineer, which is much dilapidated. Here is a Danish fort, occupying more than two acres, in the ditch surrounding which brass battle-axes, coins, large human bones, &c., have been discovered.