DONOUGHMORE, a parish, in the barony of IFFA and OFFA EAST, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4- miles (N.) from Clonmel, on the road to Thurles ; containing 456 inhabitants. It comprises 1085 statute acres ; there are some bogs and marshy land, and also some portions of uncultivated ground, which are susceptible of improvement and might be easily reclaimed. Limestone abounds in the parish, and is quarried exclusively for burning into lime, which is the principal manure. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Lismore, united, by act of council in 1805, to the rectory of Kiltigan, together constituting the union and corps of the prebend of Donoughmore in the cathedral of Lismore, in the patronage of the Bishop : the tithes amount to £138. 9. 3., and the tithes of the union to £232. 3. 1. The glebe-house was built by aid of a gift of £350 and a loan of £450 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1818 : the glebe comprises 13a. 2r. 20p. The church has been in ruins from time immemorial, and the Protestant parishioners attend the church of Lisronagh, about two miles distant. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Powerstown. The remains of the church, which may possibly have been the church of a monastery said to have existed here at a very remote period, and of which St. Farannan was the first abbot, consist chiefly of an exterior and interior arch richly sculptured with mouldings and embellished with grotesque ornaments ; they are of the later Norman style, and have sustained much injury from time and dilapidation.