All Lewis entries for Aghacrew



Aghacrew

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Tipperary

AGHACREW

AGHACREW, or AUGHACREW, a parish, in the barony of KILNEMANAGH, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 7 miles (N. N. E.) from Tipperary, on the new line of road from that place to Nenagh; containing 390 inhabitants. It comprises only 364 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act; and contains High Park, the residence of the Rev. John Hunt. It is in the diocese of Cashel, and the rectory is wholly appropriate to the Archbishop's mensal: the tithes amount to £40. 10. 4. There is no church: the Protestant inhabitants attend divine service at Toam, about three miles distant.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2020