TEMPLEQUINLAN, a parish, partly in the Eastern Division of the barony of EAST CARBERY, but chiefly in the barony of IBANE and BARRYROE, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (E.) from Clonakilty, on the road to Timoleague and on the Arigadeen river ; containing 1042 inhabitants. It comprises 2188 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £1614 per annum : the land is generally good ; the soil, though light, being very productive, but agriculture as a system is altogether unknown. The old heavy wooden plough is still used, and much of the land is still cultivated by spade labour. The weaving of coarse linen cloth is carried on in the parish. At Ballinaroher are large mills, propelled by the waters of the Arigadeen, the property of J. Hayes, Esq., where 6000 barrels of flour are annually ground and chiefly shipped for England. Here are several large and very neat houses, the principal of which is Castleview, the residence of J. Hayes, Esq. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ross, and in the patronage of the Bishop ; the rectory is impropriate in the Duke of Devonshire, The tithes amount to £58, payable to the incumbent. Divine service is regularly performed in the school-house. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Clonakilty. The remains of the old church stand on a gentle eminence, and the burial-place is still used by persons from a considerable distance ; in it are the vaults of the Allen family, to whom some extensive tracts of land were granted by Cromwell in 1658. The extensive ruins of Ballinaroher castle are situated on the south bank of the river ; it appears to have been erected to protect the old ford here, which was the only pass between Bandon and the entire south-western part of this country. Here was formerly a good family residence of the McCarthys.