TEMPLEHARRY, a parish, partly in the barony of IKERRIN, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, but chiefly in that of CLONLISK, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 2? miles (N. W.) from Moneygall, on the mail coach road from Dublin to Limerick, and on the small river Ollitrim (which forms its boundary on the south-west) ; containing 1156 inhabitants, and comprising 6480 statute acres, of which 3564 are reclaimable bog. Agriculture is greatly improved ; there is abundance of limestone. Emell Castle, the seat of J. Stoney, Esq., commands from its summit a very extensive view ; at its rear is the ancient castle, Ballintemple is the residence of R. Burris, Esq. ; Foxborough, of the Rev. J. G. Purcell ; Clonlohan, of the Rev. J. Studdart ; Rathfenny, of M. Andrews, Esq. ; and Silver Hill, of Mrs. Smith, The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, episcopally united, in 1799, to the rectory and vicarage of Cullenwayne, and in the patronage of the Bishop. The tithes amount to #141. 14. 9., and the entire tithes of the union to #369. 4. 7?. The glebe-house was erected by aid of a gift of #450 and a loan of #184, in 1812, from the late Board of First Fruits ; the glebe comprises 12 acres. The church is a plain modern structure, built by aid of a loan of #200 from the same Board, in 1814. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Dunkerrin. The parochial schools at Parke, in which are about 80 children, are aided by private subscriptions ; the school-house is an excellent slated building, with accommodations for the master and mistress, erected at an expense of #150, of which #100 was a grant from the Lord-Lieutenant's school fund. There are two other schools, in which 90 children are taught. The remains of the ancient church and glebe house, being situated on an eminence, have a picturesque appearance. Here is the remarkable ninth called Wolfe Hill, near which is a pass through a bog, formerly thickly wooded, in which a large party of the army of Win. III. was destroyed by the O'Carrolls, the native sept of this district, from which circumstance the spot has since been called the "bloody Togher."