BRUSNA, a village, in the parish of KILMURRY-ELY, barony of CLONLISK, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 1? mile (E.) from Shinrone; containing 134 inhabitants. It is situated on the river of the same name, and is a station of the constabulary police. Here is a R. C. chapel.-See KILMURRY-ELY.
KILMURRY-ELY, a parish, in the barony of CLONLISK, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 2? miles (N. by W.) from Shinrone, on the road from Roscrea to Banagher ; containing 1504 inhabitants and 4077 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, forming part of the union of Shinrone: the tithes amount to #238. 15. 4?. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Shinrone, and has a chapel at Brusna. About 50 children are educated in a private school.