ETTAGH, a parish, partly in the barony of CLONLISK, and partly in that of BALLYBRITT, KING's county, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (S. E.) from Parsonstown, on the road to Roscrea ; containing 1770 inhabitants. This parish comprises 6531 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe net, and valued at £3440 per annum ; the soil is generally a rich loam, and the land principally under tillage, with a small proportion of bog. The gentlemen's seats are Gloster, the residence of Hardress Lloyd, Esq., an ancient mansion situated in a fine and rather extensive demesne ; and Golden Grove, of W. P. Vaughan, Esq., the demesne of which, comprising 400 Irish acres, is richly wooded, and is intersected by a small river, which separates this parish from that of Roscrea, in the adjoining county of Tipperary ; it contains the hill of Knocknamace, from which are some fine views. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, united to the vicarage of Kilcoleman, and in the patronage of the Bishop : the tithes amount to £148. 12. 33/4., and the tithes of the union to £217. 16. 11. There is no glebe-house ; the glebe comprises 24 acres. The church is a plain small edifice, erected by aid of a loan of £600 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1831, and the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently granted £100 for its repair. There is a R. C. chapel at Coolderry ; and there are schools at Kilcoleman, noticed in the account of that parish.