BALLYCOMMON, a parish, in the barony of LOWER PHILIPSTOWN, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 3? miles, (W.) from Philipstown, on the road from Dublin to Tullamore, containing 1226 inhabitants. It comprises about 6730 statute acres, of which 4244 are applotted under the tithe act: about 2503 acres are pasture, and 1743 arable land; and there are 2430 acres of bog, 50 of waste, and 5 or 6 of woodland. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Kildare, and in the patronage of the Crown; the tithes amount to #138. 9. 2?. The church has been lately repaired by a grant of #335 from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. The glebe-house was built by aid of a gift of #450 and a loan of #160, in 1817, from the late Board of First Fruits; the glebe comprises 3a. 1r. 15p. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Philipstown. There is a school aided by private subscriptions, also a hedge school, in each of which are about 40 children.