TULLYCORBET, a parish, partly in the barony of CREMORNE, but chiefly in that of MONAGHAN, county of MONAGHAN, and province of ULSTER, 3 miles (N. by E.) from Ballibay, on the road to Monaghan ; containing 4833 inhabitants. It comprises 7913? statute acres, according to the Ordnance survey, of land of good quality, which is generally well cultivated : there are several lakes within its limits, the two largest of which, Cordoo and Corfin, are near one another : there is a considerable extent of bog. Besides the usual crops of wheat, oats, barley and potatoes, rye and flax are grown ; and a considerable quantity of linen is manufactured in the houses of the farmers. The mail coach road from Dublin to Derry skirts the parish on the east. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Clogher, forming the corps of the prebend of Tullycorbet in the cathedral of Clogher, and in the patronage of the Bishop : the tithes amount to #400. The glebe-house, which is in a dilapidated state, was built in 1773 by the then incumbent, at an expense of #634. 10. : the glebe, comprising 42 acres, is valued at #63 per annum. The church is a small and plain but neat edifice, situated on an eminence and erected at an expense of #850, by a loan from the late Board of First Fruits in 1831. In the R. C. divisions the parish is the head of a union or district, comprising also that of Ballibay ; in each parish there is a chapel. There are three places of worship for Presbyterians ; two situated respectively at Bradox and Cahans, belonging to the Seceding Synod, the latter being of the first class ; and one for Covenanters, connected with that in the parish of Muckno. The parochial school is aided by the incumbent ; there is a school at Creagh ; in hoth these there are about 170 boys and 150 girls. There are also five private schools, in which are about 250 boys and 90 girls.