KILMORE, a parish, in the barony and county of MONAGHAN, province of ULSTER, 2? miles (W. by N.) from Monaghan, on the road to Clones ; containing 5095 inhabitants. According to the Ordnance survey it comprises 8689? statute acres, including a detached portion of 334? acres, several small lakes, and some bog. The principal seats are Ballyleck, the residence of the Hon. R. Westenra ; Brandrim, of Owen Blayney Cole, Esq. ; and Rosefield, of Ralph Dudgeon, Esq. The Ulster Canal will pass through the northern part of the parish. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Clogher, and in the patronage of the Bishop. The tithes amount to #286. 3. There is a glebe-house, towards the erection of which the late Board of First Fruits gave #100 in 1792 ; the glebe comprises 43 acres. The church is a plain edifice with an elegant tower, erected in 1788, and for the repair of which #109 was lately granted by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Drumsnat, and has a chapel at Corcahan. There are eight public schools, in which about 520 children are educated ; and two private schools, in which are 60 children ; also a Sunday school supported by the curate.