AGHABOG, a parish, in the barony of DARTRY, county of MONAGHAN, and province of ULSTER, 1 mile (W.) from Newbliss, on the road from Clones to Ballybay; containing 7442 inhabitants. It comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 11,543? statute acres, of which 222? are covered with water, and 10,484 are arable and pasture land, applotted under the tithe act; there are also from 16 to 20 acres of woodland, and about 243 of bog. The soil is a rich but shallow loam on a deep, stiff, and retentive clay, which renders it wet unless drained and manured with lime and marl, but it produces naturally an abundant herbage: the inhabitants are nearly all engaged in the linen manufacture. Within the limits of the parish are five lakes, of which that near Leysborough demesne is the largest. Drumbrain is the neat residence of T. Phillips, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Clogher, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to #331. 3. 3. The church is a plain edifice, built in 1775, for which purpose the late Board of First Fruits gave #390. There is a glebe-house, with a glebe of 40 acres. In the R. C. divisions this parish forms part of the union of Killeevan: the chapel is a neat modern building, situated on the townland of Lathnamard. At Drumkeen there is a Presbyterian meeting-house, in connection with the Seceding Synod, and of the second class. There are seven public and two private schools in the parish. James Woodwright, Esq., of Gola, bequeathed #10 per ann. for the poor.