MOYLOUGH, a parish, in the barony of DEMIFORE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (S.) from Oldcastle, on the great road from Dublin to Sligo ; containing 2401 inhabitants. It is situated on the river Inny, which rises here and falls into Lough Sheelin ; and comprises 6937 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. Agriculture has but little improved : there is scarcely any bog ; limestone abounds, and several quarries are extensively worked. The principal seats are Beltrasna, the residence of Jas. O'Reilly, Esq. ; and Upper Crossdrum, of W. Smith Harinan, Esq. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Loughcrew, The tithes amount to £184. 12. 3-. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union of Oldcastle : the chapel is a handsome building, in the later English style, and is embellished with a painting over the altar ; it was erected at an expense of £1000. A Lancasterian school was founded by Jas. O'Reilly, Esq., at whose expence the building was erected : there is also a private school, in which are about 40 boys and 20 girls. Some of the foundations of the old church, which anciently belonged to the abbey of Fore, are discernible ; and there are remains of an ancient castle, of which no historical details are extant.