MOYGLARE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER DEECE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2- miles (E.) from Kilcock, on the road to Dunboyne ; containing 417 inhabitants. It comprises 4409 statute acres of good land, chiefly in pasture ; and contains Moyglare, the seat of Chas. Cannon, Esq., a handsome mansion, situated in an extensive and well-planted demesne ; and Moygaddy, of Thos. Cannon, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Meath, and in the patronage of Henry Arabia, Esq., of Dublin : the tithes amount to £215. 9. 10. and the glebe comprises 4- acres, valued at £11. 5. per annum. The glebe-house was erected in 1815, by aid of a gift of £400, and a loan of £390, from the late Board of First Fruits. The church is an ancient plain edifice, In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Batterstown, or Kilcloon. Near the church are some remains of an ancient castle.