LISMULLEN, parish, in the barony of SKRYNE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (S. S. E.) from Navan, on the mail road from Dublin to Enniskillen ; containing 107 inhabitants. A house for Augustinian nuns was founded here in 1240 by Alicia, sister of Richard de la Corner bishop of Meath, which existed until the Reformation. in the reign of Edw. VI., the buildings and part of the estates were granted to Thos. Cusack. The parish comprises about 1920 statute acres of good land, about two-thirds of which are in tillage ; good gritstone is quarried here for building, and copper is supposed to exist but has not yet been worked. Here is a station of the constabulary police. Lismullen Park is the seat of Sir Chas. Drake Dillon, Bart., on whose ancestor, John Dillon, and his heirs male, the dignity of a free baron of the Holy Roman Empire was conferred by the Emperor Joseph II., in 1782 ; the demesne which comprises about 200 plantation acres, contains some fine old timber. It is a chapelry, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Skryne: the tithes are included in the composition for Templecarn. In the R. C. divisions also it forms part of the union or district of Skryne or Skreen.