CLONALVEY, a parish, in the barony of UPPER DULEEK, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 8 miles (S.) from Drogheda, on the road from Naul to Navan ; containing 1055 inhabitants. It comprises 4928 statute acres, of which 1661 are applotted under the tithe act : the land is in a high state of cultivation, being almost equally divided between arable and pasture. Part of the bog of Garristown is in this parish, but has been reclaimed ; and there is a very good quarry of flag-stones near the ruins of the church. About 50 cotton-looms are employed by the Dublin and Drogheda manufacturers. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Meath, and is part of the union of Julianstown ; the rectory is impropriate in the Rev. Mr. Beaufort, The tithes amount to £155, of which £100 is payable to the impropriator. and £55 to the vicar. There is a glebe of 20 acres, valued at £43. 15. 10-. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Ardcath ; the chapel is a neat modern building. There is a national school, aided by £5 per ann., from the parish priest, in which 50 boys and 30 girls are taught. There are some remains of the old church, also of a large rath at Grange.