KILNAGROSS, or KILNACROSS, a parish, in the Eastern Division of the barony of EAST CARBERY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (N. E.) from Clonakilty, on the road to Bandon ; containing 2068 inhabitants. It comprises 3067 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £2422 per ann., of which about 100 acres are waste land or bog, and the remainder arable. Agriculture is in an imperfect state, the heavy wooden plough being still in use ; sea sand is used for manure. There is a quarry of excellent slate at Forkhill, and a large flour-mill at Shannon Vale. The principal seats are Shannon Vale, the residence of T. Allin, Esq. ; Fort Prospect, of R. Wheeler, Esq. ; Ballymacowen, of H. Stowards, Esq. ; Castle View, of J. Hayes, Esq. ; and Kilnagross Cottage, of the Rev. W. Sullivan. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Ross, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £370. The church, which was built in 1821, is a small plain edifice. In the H. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Clonakilty. There is a parochial school of about 40 children, which is aided by the rector, and endowed with a house and an acre of land by T. Hodnet, Esq. ; it is closed during the winter; there is also a Sunday school. On the summit of an eminence, about a mile eastward from the church, are the remains of a very large cromlech.