KILBRONEY, a parish, in the barony of ORRERY and KILMORE, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 2- miles (N. E.) from Buttevant, on the road to Charleville; containing 696 inhabitants. This parish comprises 1929 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act: the soil is a fine deep loam, and the land is mostly in pasture; the small portion of bog is now nearly exhausted. It is in the diocese of Cloyne: time rectory is impropriate in J. Watkins, Esq., and the vicarage forms part of the union of Buttevant. The tithes amount to £192. 12., of which two-thirds are payable to the impropriator, and the remainder to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions also it forms part of the union or district of Buttevant. The ruins of the church still remain in the burial-ground. At Ballinguile are the remains of the castle of that name, and of an ancient mansion of the Fitzjames family.