DARVER, a parish, in the barony and county of LOUTH, and province of LEINSTER, 3- miles (N. W.) from Castle-Bellingham ; containing 631 inhabitants. It comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 1992 statute acres of good arable and pasture land, of which 1935 are applotted under the tithe act. Darver Castle is the seat of J. Booth, Esq. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Armagh, separated on the death of the last incumbent from the parish of Dromiskin, pursuant to the recommendation of the Ecclesiastical Commissioners in 1831, and in the patronage of the Lord Primate, The tithes amount to £230 : the glebe comprises 1- acres, valued at £8 per annum. The ruins of the church are near Darver Castle : there is no glebe-house. In the R. C. divisions it is the bead of a union or district, comprising Darver and Dromiskin, in each of which is a chapel. There is a school under the National Board, in which are about 190 boys and 150 girls.