KILBONANE, a parish, in the barony of EAST MUSKERRY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 3miles (N. W.) from Crookstown, on the river West Bride, and the roads from Cork to Macroom and from Mallow to Bandon; containing 1740 inhabitants. It comprises 4827 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £3519 per ann.; about three-fourths are arable and pasture land; the waste consists chiefly of exhausted bog and some elevated heathy ground in the south; the state of agriculture is unimproved. At Aherlow are extensive and valuable quarries of lime-stone, which supply the greater part of the vale of Bandon and the interior of the country on both sides for agricultural purposes and for building and ornamental architecture, and from which has been taken stone for the ornamental part of the new court-house of Cork. The principal seats are Lodge, the residence of the Rev. P. French; Aherlow, of - Barter, Esq.; New Grove, of W. H. Holland, Esq.; and Livias, of Mrs. Ellard. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Cork, and in the patronage of the Bishop; the rectory is impropriate in - Rye, of Rye Court, Esq. The tithes amount to £410, of which £201. 16. 3. is payable to the impropriator, and £208. 3. 9. to the vicar. The church, a neat small edifice, was erected in 1834 by subscription. There is neither glebe-house nor glebe. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Kilmurry. The parochial school is supported by the vicar, and there are several private schools in the parish. There are some remains of the old church; and at Cloghduff, in the western part of the parish, great quantities of human bones have been often found, but whether it is some ancient burial-place, or the scene of some long forgotten battle, is not known.