INNISKENNY, or INCHKENNY, a parish, partly in the barony of BARRETTS, county of CORK, but chiefly in the county of the city of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (S. W.) from Cork, on the old road to Bandon; containing 1290 inhabitants. It comprises 3810 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act; the greater portion of the land is under tillage, though in the part nearest to the city there are some large dairy farms, and there are about 400 acres of waste and bog. The soil of the higher grounds is poor and stony; the system of agriculture, which was previously very backward, has been greatly improved since the opening of the new line of road to Bandon. The seats are Waterfall, the residence of T. Austin, Esq.; and Castle White, of Q. M. White, Esq. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Cork, and the corps of the prebend of Inniskenny in Cork cathedral, in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to #369. 4. 7. The church, a small plain edifice with a low tower and spire, was built by a gift of #600 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1809. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union of Carrigrohane. About 20 children are taught in the parochial school, which was built and is supported by the present incumbent. About a mile beyond the church, on the old road to Bandon, are the remains of the abbey of Ballymacadane, founded about the year 1450 by Cormac McCarthy, for nuns of the order of St. Augustine, consisting only of the side walls and gables.