DUNDERROW, a parish, partly in the county of the city of CORK, partly in the barony of KINSALE, partly in that of KINNALEA, but chiefly in the barony of EAST MUSKERRY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (W. by N.) from Kinsale, on the road to Bandon ; containing 2498 inhabitants. This parish comprises 6371- statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £4167 per annum ; about 800 acres are bog and mountain, and 971- waste ; the remainder is good land, the greater portion being arable. It consists of several detached portions, and has consequently a great variety of surface and soil ; Dunderrow proper is generally composed of a light soil, which is very well cultivated, and produces abundant crops. A new line of road is in progress through the parish, leading from Kinsale to Bandon. In the Bandon river, which bounds it on the south, are several salmon weirs. The principal residences are Leoffney House, that of E. Gillman, Esq. ; Killaney, of T. Markham, Esq. ; Ballyvrin, of W. Dorman, Esq. ; Dunderrow Cottage, of the Rev. R. Halburd ; Ballinphilleck, of W. Barter, Esq. ; Corron, of J. Horneybrooke, Esq. ; Gortnaclough, of W. Beasley, Esq. ; Hop Island, of G. Edwards, Esq. ; and the glebe-house, of the Rev. M. O'Donovan : besides several good houses belonging to respectable farmers. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Cork, and in the patronage of T. C. Kearney, Esq., of Garretstown : the tithes amount to £525, of which £150 is payable to the dean and chapter of St. Finbarr's, Cork, and the remainder to the rector. The glebe-house was built by aid of a gift of £250 and a loan of £550, from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1821 : the glebe comprises 24a. 3r. 27p. The church, a small handsome edifice, with a lofty square tower, was erected by aid of a loan of £500, in 1812, from the same Board. In the churchyard is a handsome pyramidal monument of marble, erected over the remains of an English lady, who died at Kinsale while on a tour through Ireland. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms the union or district of Kinsale, but the detached portions belong to the several parishes by which they are surrounded : the chapel is at Ballynamona. The parochial school, situated at Leoffney, is jointly supported by Capt. Herrick and the rector ; and there is a daily pay school at Ballynamona. About 100 boys and 40 girls are educated in a private school ; and a Sunday school is chiefly maintained by the Rev. Robert Halburd. The doon, from which the parish derives its name, has been partly removed : the queen's forces secured themselves upon it in 1601, prior to the siege of Kinsale, when the Spanish forces were in possession.