CLOUNAGH, a parish, in the barony of LOWER CONNELLO EAST, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 2 miles (W.) from Rathkeale ; containing 648 inhabitants. It comprises 2313 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £2434 per annum. About one-third of the land is under tillage, and the remainder, with the exception of a few acres of rough and marshy ground, is fine pasture and meadow land , the soil is fertile, producing abundant crops. The substratum is limestone, which is quarried for agricultural and other purposes. Waterfield, a good old mansion, is the residence of J. Creagh, Esq. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Limerick, and forms part of the corps of the chancellorship in Limerick cathedral : the tithes amount to £138. 9. 2-. There is no glebe-house, and only one acre of glebe. In the R. C. divisions the parish is the head of a union or district, called Coolcappa, comprising the parishes of Clounagh, Dundonnell, Dunmoylan, Kilbroderan, and Kilcoleman ; the chapel, a large plain building, is at Coolcappa, in this parish. There is a pay school of about 30 children. Some remains of the old church exist and not far distant are the beautiful ruins of Lisnacille Castle, built by the Mac Sheehys about 1445.