All entries for Corcomhide



Corcomhide

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Cork

CORCOMOHIDE

CORCOMOHIDE, an ecclesiastical union, including the civil parishes of CASTLETOWN-CONYERS, DRUMCOLLOHER, and KILMEEDY, in the barony of UPPER CONNELLO EAST, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER ; containing 10,742 inhabitants. These parishes, each of which is described under its own head, are all contiguous, and together comprise 14,370? statute acres, as severally applotted under the tithe act ; the tithes for the whole amount to #900, of which #570 is payable to the Countess of Ormonde, as lessee under the vicars choral of the cathedral church of St. Mary, Limerick, and #330 to the incumbent. There are two public schools, to one of which Mr. Stevelly contributes #10 annually, and to the other Col. White subscribes 10 guineas and has given a house and garden ; about 150 children are educated in these schools, and about 750 in 12 private schools.

CORCOMROE.-See ABBEY.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2020