KILLENUMERY, a parish, in the barony of DROMAHAIRE, county of LEITRIM, and province of CONNAUGHT, 2 miles (S. by E.) from Droinahaire, on the road from that place to Sligo ; containing 4115 inhabitants. It comprises 12,602 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and principally under tillage, besides a considerable quantity of mountain land and bog. Coal and iron ore exist here, but have not been worked, and limestone is plentiful ; crystal spar, or Irish diamond, is found at Cashel. Friarstown is the residence of Mrs. Johnston. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ardagh, episcopally united to the vicarage of Killery, and in the patronage of the Bishop : the rectory is impropriate in R. Baker, Esq. : the tithes amount to #220, of which #70 is payable to the impropriator, and #150 to the vicar ; and the gross value of the union, including tithe and glebe, is #578. 9. 2. The church is a neat building, erected in 1820 by aid of a loan of #1000 from the late Board of First Fruits ; there is also a chapel of ease at Killery. The same Board, in 1812, gave #350 and lent #450 for the erection of the glebe-house : the glebe comprises 847 acres, a considerable part of which is mountain land and bog. In the R. C. divisions the parish is the head of a union or district, comprising also the parish of Killery, and has a chapel at Ballinagar. About 100 children are educated in a public, and about 370 in six private, schools. The abbey of Creevlea, which is described in the article on Dromohaire, is in this parish.